Saturday, August 21, 2004

Home

Second grade, Valentine´s Day.

Everyone was passing around valentines and I started opening mine. There was one envelope on my desk that just said "Jed" but didn´t say who it was from. I opened it and read:

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I pity the girl
who marries you

...Look, I´m not sure what this has to do with Guatemala or my life here in Todos Santos, but it´s been weighing me down for a few years now. Pretty sophisticated insult for an eight year old, I have to say.

The things I write are here: a small collection of stories to try to figure out what being here is like. And to try to explain that to you. So you can try to understand. So my life here doesn´t feel so distant.

Click the blue names on the top right right to check out the stories. But only if you feel like it. And check back every once in a while: I´ll try to add more stories as things happen.

  • guatemalaspanishschool